Sunday 27 June 2010

A Christmas Gift to You

Only another 180 days until Christmas! I can't handle the excitement!

A Christmas Gift To You (courtesy of The Internet Archive)

A selection of compositions originally released in 2005. No cover.

  1. New and Pristine Appliance Returns to Warehouse is a meditation on life after death. Sorry Arvo.
  2. Parallel Lives was my first attempt at writing for a quartet. At the the time, I thought it was really cool and radical, but now it just sounds juvenile.
  3. Untitled is an attempt to re-create the atmosphere of early electronic music. Sorry Karlheinz.
  4. Ashes Wither (a.k.a. 'I know a song that'll get on your nerves') displays my awesome D.J. skills during my minimalist period. Sorry Ozzy.
  5. Mare Nostrum is a love song, sung by the Moon to the oceans of Earth.
  6. Hoots! was an unused piece written for a play by Mike Mallett. Sorry Mike.
  7. Untitled 2 is a guitar, violin bow and delay pedal. Why has no-one else thought of doing that?
  8. Lachrymae is an attempt at an arrangement of the Dowland piece. Sorry John.


1 comment: